The weather is getting colder and winter is on its way, which means it's time to start thinking about how you can prep your vehicle for the upcoming season. The winter tends to take a toll on our vehicles, and nobody wants to get stranded in the snow. Road trips could possibly be in your plans for the holidays, and making sure that your vehicle is in tip-top shape for any weather condition will ensure safe travels.
So, how can you get your vehicle ready for the winter? We've put together a winter maintenance checklist for you to follow that will cover all of the most important items to have completed for the winter.
Winter Vehicle Maintenance Checklist:
- Check tires for correct air pressure and overall condition. Make sure that tread levels are good.
- Inspect that all vital fluids are full and clean, including brake fluid, power steering fluid, transmission fluid, and engine oil.
- Test heater and defroster for proper operation.
- Have the brake system inspected.
- Test the battery for proper charge. A low charge battery can die pretty quickly in the winter weather.
- Replace wiper blades and refill wiper fluid if needed.
- Check that all exterior lights are working and that your headlights are nice and clear.
All of these checklist items are a great way to ensure your safety on the road this winter. When it comes to these items, you may not feel comfortable doing these inspections yourself. That is where we come in! Here at Hoesly Automotive, we offer a comprehensive vehicle inspection for the winter which checks all of the above and will give you peace of mind before your winter travels.
If you would like to schedule a winter vehicle inspection, don't hesitate to give us a call here at Hoesly Automotive or use our online appointment form to schedule a visit today!