Maintenance is one of the most important parts of vehicle ownership, and for that reason, many manufacturers prescribe a regular maintenance schedule known as 30/60/90K vehicle maintenance. While some drivers see this maintenance schedule as excessive, the 30/60/90K vehicle maintenance schedule is actually extremely useful for catching problems early and saving money in the long run.
How Does 30/60/90K Vehicle Maintenance Work?
The 30/60/90K vehicle maintenance schedule involves taking your car into an auto repair shop every 30,000 miles for routine inspection and maintenance procedures. By addressing issues early, you will be able to avoid breakdowns and further damage and enjoy the benefit of curing these problems for much cheaper.
Why Should I Use The 30/60/90K Vehicle Maintenance Schedule?
There are several good reasons that you should use the 30/60/90K vehicle maintenance schedule:
- It will help your vehicle last much longer. Because problems are addressed early enough that they can't catastrophically impact or damage your car's other components, you'll find that your car continues to operate efficiently even as it suffers wear from use and age.
- Your car's value won't lower as much. Because you have a proven record of keeping the vehicle in excellent condition, you'll be able to ask for a much higher price from buyers.
- Your warranty might depend on 30/60/90K maintenance for eligibility. Warranty issuers want to cut costs where they can, so it's no wonder that they encourage cheap and regular maintenance to prevent disastrous and expensive repairs.
What Maintenance Tasks Are Performed For 30/60/90K?
There are a variety of tasks that can be performed in 30/60/90K maintenance depending on what your vehicle needs. To start the maintenance, however, your vehicle is always thoroughly inspected so that problems can be identified and addressed as soon as possible.
Depending on what the technicians find, they may perform additional maintenance such as:
- Brake servicing
- Oil changes
- Replacing filters
- Timing belt inspection
- Checking and/or topping off brake, coolant, transmission, etc., fluids
- Tire rotation and pressure check
- Replacing plug wires and/or spark plugs
Maintain Your Car Today
If you're worried about your vehicle's aging and want to ensure that it remains useful and effective for a long time, then using the 30/60/90K plan is the best way to maintain your car. Aside from the long-term benefits that this maintenance schedule offers, you'll find that the regular oil changes and other services keep your car running consistently smoothly. If you need factory vehicle maintenance performed, we invite you to bring your vehicle to Hoesly Automotive today!