Even with soaring gas prices, you can still expect record-high travel when it comes to Independence Day weekend. While we know you’re looking forward to the BBQ, fireworks, beer, and just some time off from work, we want you to be safe on the road. Whether you are staying local or getting out of town, be sure to follow these safety tips.
- Avoid traveling during peak traffic times - Most people have the right idea of getting out of town the weekend before. If you do, make sure to avoid the highway during the afternoon/evenings. Try to fit your travel as early as possible. Keep in mind that some traffic is inevitable.
- Get a good night sleep before - Fatigue driving is one of the most dangerous scenarios that often lead to vehicle accidents. You should never hit the road when fighting to stay awake. Make sure you get plenty of sleep before a long drive.
- Do not drink and drive - This one is a no-brainer. If you plan to drink over the holidays, make sure you have a designated driver or plan to rideshare. You should never operate a vehicle while intoxicated.
- Minimize distractions - When you’re on the road over the busy holiday, please remember to stay extra attentive to your surroundings. Keep your eyes on the road, and stay away from your texting, calling, eating, etc.
- Practice defensive driving - It is obvious that everyone has a responsibility to drive safely on the road. To be extra careful we recommend implementing defensive driving techniques, like leaving extra space between yourself and other cars.
- Get some maintenance done - If it has been a while since your last visit to the auto service shop, now is the perfect time. Got a long road ahead of you? Stop by our auto repair shop for a pre-trip inspection today.
At Hoesly Automotive, we want to keep you safe through the holidays and year-round. Trust us with all your automotive needs. Feel free to call or visit Hoesly Automotive today.